• What information we collect and why we collect it
• How we use that information
• The choices we offer, including how to access and update information
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, and browsers, then please contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful.
We collect information in two ways:
• Information you give us. For example, when you participate in a competition or purchase from our website. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card and, of course, your shoe size.
• Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit our website. This information includes:
◦ Device information
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number)
◦ Log information
When you use our services, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
1. details of how you used our service, such as your search queries
2. Internet protocol address
3. device event information such as crashes, system activity,hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of the requested URL
4. cookies that may uniquely identify your browser
◦ Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser
web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
◦ Cookies and anonymous identifiers
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our sites, and this may include sending one or more
cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain,protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Wohlford and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
We may use the name you provide for your Wohlford Profile across our services and social media.
When you contact Wohlford, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer.
We may combine personal information from one service with information,including personal information, from other Wohlford services – for example associating your Facebook account with your Wohlford account.
Wohlford processes personal information on our servers in North America. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
• Review and control certain types of information tied to your Wohlford Account by using the Wohlford Dashboard.
• Opt out of any method of communication that we use You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that some of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Wohlford unless one of the following circumstances apply:
• With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Wohlford when we have your consent to do so.
We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
• With support staff
To provide user support to you our support staff will have access to your Dayton Account information (including your email and other data). Our support staff may be able to:
◦ view statistics regarding your account
◦ change your account password
◦ suspend or terminate your account access
◦ access or retain information stored as part of your account
◦ receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law,regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
◦ restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings
For external processing
•For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Wohlford if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
◦ meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
◦ enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
◦ detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
◦ protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Wohlford, our users or the public as required or permitted by law
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example,we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Dayton and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
• We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
• We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems
• We restrict access to personal information to Dayton employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations